The Social Protection Ministry is working to implement measures to curb child labour and is urging the public to report cases of children being employed.Deputy Chief Labour Officer, Karen Vansluytman-Corbin is quoted by the Department of Public Information (DPI) as saying that the Labour Department will be launching a National Child Labour Policy in April and will enforce drastic measures for those persons who employ children.Deputy Chief Labour Officer, Karen Vansluytman-Corbin“We are also developing a National Action Plan to help in our fight against child labour. We started last year to develop our policy and we hope for the draft action plan to be launched at the same time as the policy,” Vansluytman-Corbin said.According to the Chief Labour Officer, several organisations, including the Trade Union’s Movement, the Employers Organisation, the Education Ministry, several businesses, religious and youth organisations and NGOs collaborated with the Labour Department to implement the policy.“There have been three reported cases for 2019, we are following up with those cases but we are concerned and continue to work towards eradicating child labour in the mining areas within the hinterland communities.However, because of our intense sensitisation exercises, we are receiving good support to put an end to child labour,” Vansluytman-Corbin said.She further stated that the Department of Labour has reached out to several communities to ensure that word gets out that child labour is illegal and persons caught employing children will be prosecuted.The policy was crafted after an extended period of consultations and workshops with the relevant stakeholders from Regions Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight and Ten.
1 Yohan Cabaye Yohan Cabaye’s penalty handed Crystal Palace a 1-0 win over Watford at Vicarage Road.The Frenchman converted from 12 yards after substitute Wilfried Zaha was felled by Allan Nyom just inside the box.This was Palace’s third win away from home so far this season, with another three points propelling them up to sixth in the Premier League. Brede Hangeland came close to giving Pthe Eagles the lead in an otherwise uneventful first half when his header was palmed away by Heurelho Gomes from point-blank range.The second-half was a much more open affair and the home side were denied by the woodwork just a minute after the break when Jose Manuel Jurado’s free-kick crashed off the bar and Troy Deeney couldn’t convert the rebound.Palace were also left ruing their own luck after a blistering counter-attack saw Bakary Sako cross for Dwight Gayle, but the young striker’s side-footed effort clipped the post and flew wide.The visitors’ winner came 20 minutes from time when referee Anthony Taylor correctly spotted Nyom’s foul on Zaha to be inside the box, despite animated appeals from a huddle of Watford players.Cabaye kept his cool from 12 yards by slamming into the top corner to score his second goal of the season.Alan Pardew’s side, a constant menace on the break throughout the second period, were inches away from doubling their lead on 79 minutes when Gayle fizzed an effort narrowly wide from Yannick Bolasie’s knockdown.Despite all their industry, Watford lacked a cutting edge up front and Palace comfortably held on for their first league win since they beat Chelsea in August.
By Kristopher Hanson STAFF WRITER Days after a leaky tall ship full of schoolchildren limped back into the Port of Long Beach, the U.S. Coast Guard has placed a travel ban on the battered boat while it gets fixed. The source of the leak, which flooded the 130-foot American Pride with enough water to prompt an emergency call to rescuers Friday afternoon, was a weak seal in the hull above the waterline. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas CityThe ship began taking on water about midway between Catalina Island and Long Beach, though it wasn’t in danger of sinking, rescuers said. The boat was returning from a five-day field trip to Catalina Island with 35 ninth-graders from Poly High School in Pasadena when operators noticed water accumulating in the hull. The leak is described as a minor problem, but Coast Guard inspectors decided to place the 66-year-old wooden boat on hold until it is repaired and reinspected. “The hold basically prevents the vessel from leaving harbor with any passengers until it’s repaired,” said Coast Guard Lt. Andrew Munoz on Monday. “If it was taken out, there could be penalties.” American Pride Capt. Greg Clinton said repairs are planned in coming days. firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Red Hughs GAA News: Senior MenThe senior will play Robert Emmets in Castlefin this Tuesday evening in a pre season friendly throw in 7.30pm. They will also travel to Derry on Sunday to take on Steelstown in another friendly throw in there is 1.15pmTraining on Thursday at 7.30pm as usualThe George Callaghan Memorial Cup.Sean Mac Cumhaills were the winners for the second year in succession and retained the cup, well done to you all. Seimì Callaghan presented The Cup to the Mac Cumhaills captain and Seimì also presented trophies to the winning team players and Man of the Match Award to Gary Mc Girr. Thanks again to Mac Cumhaills for a great game, to the Callaghan family members for attending and it was fantastic to have Seimi there to make the presentations. Thanks to our own club members who helped out in any way on such a bad morning, you all know who you are. Also thanks to Andy for the delicious food after the game. Minor BoysThe minors overcame a very determined Mc Cumhaills team to make it two wins from two outings so far. The home side raced into a three point lead but the visitors clawed their way back into the game and taking the lead by a point. Cormick mc Menamin the took advantage of an error in the Mc Cumhaills defence and slotted the ball into an open net. Credit to the visitors they kept plugging away and tied the game up again before halftime. Score Red Hughs 1-3 Mc Cumhaills 0-6The Mc Cumhaills lads were the better team in the first ten minutes of the second half but only managed to score one point in that time. Red Hugh’s were awarded a penalty when Cathal Doherty was taken down in the box. Corey Gallagher tucked the ball past the Mc Cumhaills keeper low to the corner. Putting the home team back in front once again. From then on the Reds grew in confidence and finished the game strongly. Justin Mc Bride came off the bench to score a third goal for the Reds. The final score was Red Hugh’s 3-5 Mc Cumhaills 0-7Next up for the lads is a difficult away game to St Eunans on Saturday.Under 16 Boys Training continues for under 16 boys continue on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6-7pmPlayers to bring €2 once a week for training fund.Under 14 BoysTraining for the under 14 boys continues on Friday evenings from 7-8pm Players to bring €2 once a week for training fund.Under 12 & Under 14 GirlTraining for the girls every Monday evening at 6.15pm Bring €2 for training fund.Underage coachingCoaching for all underage boys & girls from u-6 to u-12 starts this Saturday morning at 11am to 12pm Everyone bring €2 for training fund maximum of €5 per family. If your child hasn’t already registered they can do so this week before training on Saturday morning, €10 per child or a maximum of €20 per family.Lotto & 100+ Club Results 05/03/15Numbers Drawn 6,8,5,3,1,4,7,2One Winner Matched 3 NumbersEamon Byrne Cronlaughey Wins €50Next Weeks Jackpot is €5,000100+ Club WinnerNumber 125 Noel Gallen Cornabrogue Wins €100Thanks To Everyone For Your Continued SupportCeile DancingThe Ceile dancing resumes next Tuesday the 10th of March at 8pm in the club house . Everyone welcomeClub MembershipMembership for 2015 is now payable up until the 20th Of March no memberships will be taken after this date. The fee is €30 per adult €50 for married couples or partners. €10 for under 18’s The final club registration night is on Friday the 20th in the club house from 8-9pmCoachingDonegal GAA Workshops and Coaching Courses 201513/03 Convoy at 7-9.30 Child Ethics Tutor Edel Fylnn14/03 Convoy at 10-3 Practical Coaching Tutor Joe Mc BeartySeamus Mc Anaw2nd Ladies FUNdamentals Coaching Course is coming up on the 14th March.No Venue yetPlease if anyone interested in any off these courses let me know ASAP.Maura Mc Crudden 0861635726Other NewsThe club will host the county under 16 girls league game Donegal V Down on Sunday throw in 2pmGood luck to Eimear Gallagher who is part of the panel and hopefully will get a run out this week in her own home ground.GAA NEWS: RED HUGHS TO FACE STEELSTOWN IN DERRY IN PRE-SEASON CHALLENGE MATCH THIS WEEKEND was last modified: March 10th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:GAANoticesRED HUGHS.Sport
The death has taken place of G.A.A. stalwart, life long St. Eunan’s G.A.A. Club member and former Chairman of the Donegal County Board, Mr. Danny McGlinchey, Breffni, Gortlee, Letterkenny.Mr. McGlinchey served as County Board Chairman in 1966 and St. Eunan’s Club Chairman in 1967.Remains reposing at his home and funeral from there on Thursday 9th July going to the Church of the Irish Martyrs, Ballyraine for Requiem Mass at 1pm. Burial afterwards in Conwal Cemetery. House Private. Family and friends welcome.St Eunan’s GAA club would like to extend its sincerest sympathies to the McGlinchey family on their loss.Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. DEATH ANNOUNCED OF FORMER COUNTY BOARD CHAIRMAN AND EUNAN’S STALWART DANNY McGLINCHEY was last modified: July 7th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:county chairmandanny mcglincheyDeath noticesdonegalRIPSt Eunans
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORERose Parade grand marshal Rita Moreno talks New Year’s Day outfit and ‘West Side Story’ remake At the Northridge Fashion Center, children decked in their holiday finery waited to see Santa in a long line of strollers and parents that snaked around the elaborate red-and-gold-decorated Christmas tree and down the hall. Shoppers seemed relaxed, not rushed, as they strolled through the mall with their arms loaded with presents. Suzanne Selken, 26, of Northridge talked her fiance, Gerald Blanding, 27, of Northridge into donning a Santa hat like her, and had her sister, Nicole Selken, 25, of San Francisco don reindeer antlers. The sisters said this holiday would be particularly special because they were planning to travel to Indiana after Christmas to meet one of their aunts for the first time. “I’m done with finals, I’m done with work, and now I can get into the Christmas spirit, because I’m done with stress,” said Suzanne Selken, who is working on a master’s degree in public administration at California State University, Northridge. “People keep staring at me and laughing,” Nicole Selken added. “I keep forgetting I’m wearing these (antlers).” At the Westfield Fashion Center in Sherman Oaks, Janice Bentley, 50, and her daughter, Xavianca , 24, made a special trip from their home in Malibu to buy Sea Maid bath salts for a family friend, and fulfill a family tradition. They said this Christmas would be particularly joyous because Xavianca is expecting her first child next month – a boy she plans to name Hayden Anthony. “Every year she gets one present on Christmas Eve,” Janice Bentley said, “so we’re going to get her a holiday maternity dress.” Sisters Susana Lozano, 8, and Christine Lozano, 12, of North Hollywood were doing some last-minute shopping for their parents and other siblings and not having much luck. What they were really looking forward to was visiting their cousins and feasting on tamales. “I can’t believe the stores are open on Christmas Eve,” Susana grumbled, wanting to get on with the day. “It’s Christmas Eve! They shouldn’t be!” Meanwhile, Anthony Fabbricatore, 28, of Morgantown, W.Va., Keith Haynes, 18, of Blairstown, N.J., Paul Tucker, 26, of Dallas, and Jonathan Taylor, 27, also of Morgantown, were strolling through the mall, killing time before their band, Cryptorchid Chipmunk, had to be in Hollywood to perform. Although Fabbricatore sported a red-and-green “random mohawk” and Taylor had festive silver-and-gold spiked hair, the band members said the 80-degree weather and constant travel made it hard for them to remember it was Christmas Eve. “It’s weird,” Taylor said. “We’re used to it being really cold this time of year, and it’s not.” “And we’re three time zones out of what we’re used to,” added Fabbricatore. — Lisa M. Sodders, (818) 713-3663 email@example.comWant local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Procrastinating shoppers found themselves with the leisure of a whole day off to finish their last-minute Christmas gift-buying Saturday, with thousands filling stores across the Valley. At the Fry’s Electronics store in Woodland Hills, Al Marsh, 51, of Calabasas was picking up a few extra gifts, even though he had already completed his Christmas shopping last weekend. By 10 a.m., the parking lot was about three-quarters full and shoppers were sauntering in. “I’m feeling pretty generous so I’m getting a few extra presents,” Marsh said. “Why not? It’s a nice day and I got here early enough to beat the crowds.”
The ban of alcohol sales on Good Friday is to be abolished after 90 years of restrictions.Since the ban was put in place in 1927, people could only avail of alcohol if they were having a meal at a hotel, attending a theatre, or travelling by rail, air, or ferry.Alcohol sales will be permitted on Good Friday this year as the ban is to be lifted before March 30th. Minister of State David Stanton says that lifting the ban will boost tourism, especially during the busy Easter period.What do you think? Should the Good Friday ‘booze ban’ have been lifted?YesNoUnsureVoteView ResultsCrowdsignal.com Donegal pubs to open on Good Friday as booze ban liftedPoll: Should the Good Friday ‘booze ban’ have been lifted? was last modified: January 26th, 2018 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Booze BanGood Fridayintoxicating liquor act
The fall-out from Fulham’s controversial victory over Liverpool is still in the news, with Luis Suarez expected to discover today whether he will face another FA charge.The Liverpool forward has already been charged for allegedly aiming a racist slur at Manchester United’s Patrice Evra at Anfield in October.Helguson has been in great form.And he could also be in hot water for his obscene gesture towards Fulham fans as he left the pitch at Craven Cottage on Monday.Meanwhile, with QPR discussing improved contracts for a number of players, the Daily Mail picks up on a possible new deal for Heidar Helguson.The Icelander has netted six goals for Rangers this season and been compared to Bolton stalwart Kevin Davies by manager Neil Warnock.This page is updated throughout the day.Follow West London Sport on Twitter
5 March 2003Deputy Arts, Culture, Science and Technology Minister Buyelwa Sonjica launched the South African Reference Group on Women in Science and Technology (SARG) on Tuesday.The advisory group, which comprises academics and businessmen and women in the field, will hold its first meeting in Cape Town on Friday.The group aims to develop strategies to overcome the obstacles that women face in the fields of science and technology due to social, educational and cultural factors. The group will also seek to ensure that women’s needs and aspirations are taken into account when research programmes and priorities are set.“Since 1990, the participation of women in research, as measured by their output, has not exceeded 10-15 percent of total South African publications”, Sonjica said. “This is an indication of how few women scientists, engineers and technologists are participating in academic research and development.”SARG is the brainchild of former Arts, Culture, Science and Technology Deputy Minister Brigitte Mabandla.Source: BuaNews Want to use this article in your publication or on your website?See: Using SAinfo material
Two Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) militants were killed in a nightlong encounter in Shopian, while a woman died and 14 civilians received injuries during violent protests after the gunfight.Director General of Police, J&K, S.P. Vaid said two bodies were recovered from the Shopian encounter site on Tuesday. These militants were involved in the killing of two bank guards on December 11 in Shopian, said the police.Security forces blasted a double-storey residential house with explosives to neutralise the holed-up JeM militants. However, one JeM militant escaped by taking advantage of the darkness, said the police.A police spokesman said the gunfight with militants continued all night on Monday at Shopian’s Batmuran village. “During the encounter, the police made repeated announcement to get Tanveer Ahmad, a local, to surrender but he ignored it,” said the police.Another slain militant was identified as Ali alias Qari alias Noman, a foreigner. Two AK rifles and ammunition were recovered from spot.The police said two security personnel were injured.Earlier, protesters made attempts to disrupt the operation by resorting to stone-throwing. Violent clashes erupted in the area after the operation was over.A local hospital official said one woman, Ruby Jan, was hit by bullets in the abdomen and “succumbed on her arrival.” The police said the victim died in “crossfire.”According to the police, nine civilians were also injured. However, local hospital sources said over 14 civilians were brought to the hospital including four with bullet wounds and 10 with pellet injuries.National Conference working president Omar Abdullah condemned the civilian killing. “With this killing, the number of civilian deaths in Kashmir in 2017 has reached 60. This after the 100 plus killed in 2016. For all the claims and rhetoric of reconciliation, this is a stark, sad reality,” said NC spokesman Junaid Azim Mattu. CPI(M) leader M.Y. Tarigami sought a probe into the civilian killing.Separatist forum Joint Resistance Leaders, comprising Syed Ali Geelani, Mitwaiz Umar Farooq and Yasin Malik, called for a shutdown on Wednesday against the civilian killing.A street protest was also held by separatists at Lal Chowk on Tuesday. The police foiled a march bid and detained a few separatist leaders.