1 Wayne Rooney Following his poor start to the season, is the Manchester United captain past his best?The Drive lads want your thoughts – cast your votes below…
1 Yohan Cabaye Yohan Cabaye’s penalty handed Crystal Palace a 1-0 win over Watford at Vicarage Road.The Frenchman converted from 12 yards after substitute Wilfried Zaha was felled by Allan Nyom just inside the box.This was Palace’s third win away from home so far this season, with another three points propelling them up to sixth in the Premier League. Brede Hangeland came close to giving Pthe Eagles the lead in an otherwise uneventful first half when his header was palmed away by Heurelho Gomes from point-blank range.The second-half was a much more open affair and the home side were denied by the woodwork just a minute after the break when Jose Manuel Jurado’s free-kick crashed off the bar and Troy Deeney couldn’t convert the rebound.Palace were also left ruing their own luck after a blistering counter-attack saw Bakary Sako cross for Dwight Gayle, but the young striker’s side-footed effort clipped the post and flew wide.The visitors’ winner came 20 minutes from time when referee Anthony Taylor correctly spotted Nyom’s foul on Zaha to be inside the box, despite animated appeals from a huddle of Watford players.Cabaye kept his cool from 12 yards by slamming into the top corner to score his second goal of the season.Alan Pardew’s side, a constant menace on the break throughout the second period, were inches away from doubling their lead on 79 minutes when Gayle fizzed an effort narrowly wide from Yannick Bolasie’s knockdown.Despite all their industry, Watford lacked a cutting edge up front and Palace comfortably held on for their first league win since they beat Chelsea in August.
Mesut Ozil or Santi Cazorla in the no.10 role?That was one of the decisions troubling Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain when playing as Arsenal on Football Manager 2016.There was also the question on who takes the penalties.See how the England duo as well as Petr Cech, Calum Chambers and Aaron Ramsey got on when they took charge of themselves in this video from the Arsenal YouTube channel.REVEALED: 30 WONDERKIDS YOU MUST SIGN ON FOOTBALL MANAGER 2016
Manchester United will be without Wayne Rooney for the visit of West Ham on Saturday.The Red Devils captain was substituted during the 1-1 draw with Leicester last weekend and it has emerged he suffered an ankle injury.United manager Louis van Gaal said on his skipper: “It’s more heavy than we thought and a nasty injury.”Argentine defender Marcos Rojo is also out and could be sidelined for a number of weeks after dislocating his shoulder in training, Van Gaal has revealed.Rojo suffered the injury at the AON Training Complex earlier this week, the United boss told MUTV on Friday. 1 Wayne Rooney
By Kristopher Hanson STAFF WRITER Days after a leaky tall ship full of schoolchildren limped back into the Port of Long Beach, the U.S. Coast Guard has placed a travel ban on the battered boat while it gets fixed. The source of the leak, which flooded the 130-foot American Pride with enough water to prompt an emergency call to rescuers Friday afternoon, was a weak seal in the hull above the waterline. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas CityThe ship began taking on water about midway between Catalina Island and Long Beach, though it wasn’t in danger of sinking, rescuers said. The boat was returning from a five-day field trip to Catalina Island with 35 ninth-graders from Poly High School in Pasadena when operators noticed water accumulating in the hull. The leak is described as a minor problem, but Coast Guard inspectors decided to place the 66-year-old wooden boat on hold until it is repaired and reinspected. “The hold basically prevents the vessel from leaving harbor with any passengers until it’s repaired,” said Coast Guard Lt. Andrew Munoz on Monday. “If it was taken out, there could be penalties.” American Pride Capt. Greg Clinton said repairs are planned in coming days. firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
“She planned this,” Miller said. “If you are believing anybody is a victim out there, it’s not those people.” Among the documents Lopez produced to refute Miller’s claim was an escrow statement from L&A Escrow in Chino and a line of credit statement from Indymac Bank of Evansville, Ind. The escrow statement indicates Lopez received $17,423.76 from a $350,385 refinance that paid off credit card debt and first and second mortgages on his home. Another statement produced by Lopez indicates he took $5,000 from a $100,000 equity line of credit through Indymac. “My records are open,” Lopez said. Miller said the FBI has joined the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department in the hunt for DeJongh and the children. An FBI spokeswoman confirmed the agency is providing assistance to sheriff’s detectives. The case is being handled by the sheriff’s Major Crimes Bureau, authorities said. Lopez said he has been visited by detectives. “They looked like bums,” he said. “There’s not even a crime yet.” DeJongh and the children were reported missing Monday when she failed to surrender them to the Millers, as ordered by a judge. Although DeJongh previously had sole custody of the children, Brian Miller was awarded sole custody Monday, according to Lopez and Gary Miller. That followed Superior Court Judge Marjorie Steinberg’s Friday order that the Millers share custody with DeJongh. Detectives said Wednesday they continue to focus their search for the couple and the children in the Las Vegas area. Brian Miller and DeJongh have been embroiled in a lengthy and bitter custody dispute marked by allegations of abuse and denial of parental rights. DeJongh’s argument for custody included Brian Miller’s 2000 guilty plea to charges of spousal and child abuse. He was ordered to serve four years probation, attend anger-management classes and perform 224 hours of community service. Gary Miller said his son pleaded guilty because he wanted to put the case behind him and has since learned to control his temper. “These 20 months have been hell,” he said. “For my son and these kids it’s been awful. But we took the cards we were dealt, and when we turned the cards over we won. The facts speak for themselves.” email@example.com (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2717 http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre “I thought the case was over,” Lopez said. “If they ask me something incriminating, they are going to get the Fifth Amendment.” In an interview Wednesday, Miller, a Brea Republican, accused DeJongh of preparing to flee the country by getting passports recently and taking money from a loan her father got on his home. Miller also said he believes Lopez helped DeJongh take the children. The congressman said Lopez took out $450,000 in home loans early this month, because the family knew they were going to lose their custody case with the Millers. Lopez admitted taking the loans, but produced documents that indicate he received just $17,423 from a refinance and an equity line of credit. DIAMOND BAR – Attorneys for Rep. Gary Miller on Wednesday subpoenaed financial records dating to 1997 from the father of a woman accused of abducting Miller’s grandchildren in a custody dispute. Jennifer DeJongh, 30, her husband, George, of Diamond Bar, and the woman’s three children with the lawmaker’s son, Brian Miller, disappeared Sunday after she lost sole custody of the boys to the congressman and his wife, Cathy. The subpoena demands that Jude Lopez Sr. and his wife, Alicia, appear in Ontario for a deposition on their financial status. It also calls for them to produce various documents including call logs, according to court documents. The deposition is scheduled for Dec. 12.
ONE of Donegal’s best-known pubs will go under the hammer next month – with a reserve price of €125k.The Barcelona Bar in Ballybofey comes with fixtures and fittings and THREE apartments.Sherry Fitzgerald Rainey will auction the properties on site on April 6th. BARCELONA BAR AND THREE APARTMENTS TO BE AUCTIONED FOR JUST €125K was last modified: March 6th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BARCELONA BAR AND THREE APARTMENTS TO BE AUCTIONED FOR JUST €125K
Paulin Puel is among Nice’s most highly-rated young players.Just 18, he has already made 11 Ligue 1 appearances and has been capped at youth level for France. He also happens to be the son of Nice’s manager Claude Puel. And his dad may want give him some more game time after witnessing the teenage striker score a spectacular overhead volley playing in an Under-19s clash against Monaco.
Marcio Valverde evoked memories of David Beckham’s amazing strike against Wimbledon in 1996 with a wonder goal last week.The Peru international netted from inside his own half to help his side Real Garcilaso claim a 5-2 victory over Cesar Vallejo in a Peruvian Primera Division match.Check out the sensational goal above.
1 UEFA president Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from all-football related activity.Platini’s appeal against his ban was heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne on Friday.A CAS spokesperson told Press Association Sport at the end of the eight-hour hearing that Platini would know the result of his appeal by May 9 at the latest.The former France international and Sepp Blatter were punished in December over a 2million Swiss francs (£1.3million) “disloyal payment” made to Platini by the former FIFA president.They were given eight-year suspensions which were reduced by two years in recognition of their services to the game, but both deny any wrongdoing and are challenging the bans at CAS. Michel Platini