Rwanda’s women’s coach Jean Baptiste Kayiranga said that they are preparing a strong team because they need to prove a point at home. ” We are taking this tournament very seriously because we must impress in-front of our fans,” he added.The Ugandan team that finished fourth at the last Championship have also included Jean Sseninde who features for Crystal Palace Ladies team in the English Women Premier League, Fazah Ikwaput and Leticia Nabbossa who ply their trade with Gokulam Kerala in India.***URNShare on: WhatsApp Uganda Crested Cranes training ahead of the 2018 CECAFA ChampionshipKampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Rwanda are preparing to host the 2018 Council for East and Central Africa Football Associations (CECAFA) Women’s Challenge Cup slated for May 12-22th at the Stade de Kigali.Bonnie Mugabe, the spokesperson and head of Communication at the Rwanda Football Federation (FERWAFA) told URN on Monday that they are ready to host the regional tournament. ” We are determined to host a successful tournament and also ensure that our team performs well,” said Mugabe.The official added that after successfully hosting the 2016 Africa Nations Championship (CHAN), they are always determined to ensure tournaments organised by Rwanda are well managed.Nicholas Musonye, the CECAFA Secretary General said the CECAFA Women Challenge Cup attract eight nations which will be grouped in two pools of four teams each. The participating nations include; hosts Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Zanzibar, Burundi, Ethiopia, Djibouti and defending champions Tanzania.The Women’s Challenge Cup was revived last year once again since 1989. Uganda hosted the 2016 edition in Njeru where Tanzania beat Kenya in the final.
Difficult to explain what happened in the second semifinal of the Spanish Super Cup between Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid. In fact, neither Blaugrana players are able to find solid arguments to reason for this elimination after having played one of the best games of the season. “Of a hundred games playing like this, we won ninety-nine insurance,” was the mantra that was heard in the Blaugrana expedition that departed this Friday to Barcelona.Although the faces were serious and cariacontecidos, there was no feeling of grief or anger that was experienced in the dressing room after the elimination against Rome and Liverpool in the Champions League the last two seasons. Here was more the image of an upset and bewildered team, convinced that things had been done very well for many minutes, but that he had inexplicably stolen his wallet in the last minutes.“Since I played against Atlético I had not had the feeling of such superiority”, confessed a heavyweight, aware that Barcelona had been a soccer steamroller for three quarters of the game. However, this manifest superiority did not end up reflected in the scoreboard, since Barcelona had the highest income of a goal of advantage, 2-1. In the locker room he was surprised, and much, that some voices called for the removal of Ernesto Valverde, especially since some consider that against Atlético the best game of the Valverde era was played. Hence, two of the heavyweights of the costumes came out quickly, Leo Messi and Luis Suarez, to give a capote to the coach and express his absolute support to the coach of Extremadura, thus stopping any speculation.By the way, Valverde plans to see the game again this weekend and summarize some of the plays to analyze it with the squad next week. It’s all about analyzing what happened in the last fifteen minutes when the team fell apart after having given a review from end to end the opponent.Thus, a painful defeat, but that will not leave sequels in the mood of the workforce, since it is perceived more as a punctual accident than anything else. In any case, Valverde gave his players three holidays -will not return until Monday- to disconnect the weekend with their families. A restful break to start the week with strength, thinking of LaLiga, where Barcelona is a leader tied with Real Madrid, and the Copa del Rey, which Barcelona is re-engaged in the competition in mid-January.
Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil FILE – NU Bulldogs win UAAP men’s volleyball crown.National University added another men’s volleyball title to its growing trophy case on Wednesday.The Bulldogs ruled the Premier Volleyball League Collegiate Conference after outclassing University of Santo Tomas, 25-21, 25-18, 25-14, to complete a finals sweep.ADVERTISEMENT Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Bryan Bagunas, who was named Finals MVP, led NU’s assault with 20 points while Madzlan Gampong and Angelo Almendras added 11 and 10 points, respectively.Almendras anchored the Bulldogs’ net defense with seven blocks.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissNU celebrated another championship just four months after winning the title in UAAP Season 80.Genesis Redido paced the Tigers with 11 points while Joshua Umandal scored 10. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award PH golden golfers donate over P16M incentives to NGAP golf dev’t program Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Meanwhile, Far Eastern University clinched the bronze medal after a 25-21, 17-25, 30-28, 25-23 win over Adamson.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal LATEST STORIES Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew MOST READ View comments Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
The economic sustenance of many farmers and residents in Region Five (Mahaica-Berbice) remains threatened, as communities in the Mahaicony area are still under water. Guyana Times was told that initial flooding in the area began in early April. Residents of Mora Point and Gordon’s Table on Tuesday expressed frustration that their cows, chickens and other livestock remain at the mercy of the slowly receding floodwaters, coupled with fields of rice and cash crops which were destroyed.The Hospital at MahaiconyThis publication was told that the most worrying for residents is the fact that there has been an increase in reports of children becoming sick in Mora Point and Gordon’s Table on the Mahaicony River. According to residents, a number of children are down with influenza. Also, residents noted that there is an influx of mosquitoes, which has reportedly increased due to the weeks of stagnated water.Guyana Times understands that there has been a shortage of medication at the Mora Point Health Centre. According to information received, the Medex who visits the centre regularly would often operate without the requisite medication needed to treat associated ailments. Speaking with this publication via telephone, a resident explained that this shortage is mostly affecting the children who are ill and seek relief from their symptoms. One resident of Gordon’s Table alleged that there is also a drug shortage at the Mahaicony Hospital, located some miles away.“We suffering bad,” the resident posited.Region Five Chairman Vickchand Ramphal said on Monday that flood waters in the area have receded by “a few inches” over the last few days.A woman from Mora Point expressed annoyance that her community has not been benefiting from flood relief as those from Moraikobai, also on the Mahaicony River. The farmers in Mahaicony are calling for Government’s assistance for seed paddy and fertiliser to help them continue rice cultivation to maintain their livelihood.The Regional Chairman had earlier noted that many of the affected communities are in need of urgent flood relief.“Residents across the region in those areas that are affected should receive some form of relief so that they can get back on their feet,” the Chairman stated on Monday. Ramphal had also highlighted that flood waters in the villages of Trafalgar, Union and Bush Lot had receded but stressed that communities in the Mahaicony area were inundated. It was only last week that over 200 angry residents blocked the Number 30 Village main access road causing a 45-minute traffic delay.After this protest action, operatives of both Government and the Opposition have been meeting with residents to address their concerns. Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo on Wednesday visited the flood-affected communities and distributed food items and bottled water. Previously, the Civil Defence Commission donated food supplies to residents in Moraikobai. Region 5 flooding…increased reports of sick children recorded
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Teams are set for this weekend’s Crystal Cup Pond Hockey Challenge and Sid Davis Memorial Tournament.According to unofficial tallies 74 teams have signed up for this year’s event, but organizers expect that number to be closer to 80 after accounting for late submissions. As of Thursday afternoon, 36 teams were locked in for the Crystal, Coal and Sapphire Cups. Another 250 kids on 38 teams from the Pre-Novice to Midget ages are competing in the Memorial Tournament. That tournament is being held in memory of hockey coach Sid Davis, who passed away last December.“It sounds like we have a couple of late entries,” said President Neil Evans. “It’s looking like five or six more teams with a team or two in the Coal as well as the Sapphire and a couple more in the Sid Davis Memorial.”- Advertisement -Players from across Western Canada have put a halt on their weekend plans to compete in the hockey tournament.“I know for sure we have teams from Calgary, Edmonton, the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island,” added Evans. “We have teams coming from all over the place, it’s really cool.”Event staff has the 10 sheets of ice on Charlie Lake in perfect condition and are putting the finishing touches on making sure everything is ready to go come Friday evening.Advertisement The event gets underway at 5:55 p.m. with puck drop set for 6. For more information visit: http://www.thecrystalcup.ca.
To watch a video on the fire and aftermath, Click HereFor photos of the explosion and the aftermath, Click Here Tumbler Ridge residents are still shocked by the house explosion on Sunday morning.The Tumbler Ridge RCMP detachment confirmed on Monday that one unidentified man is dead as a result of the explosion, which occured around 2:30am.Economic Development Officer Ray Proulx says the community is still trying to understand the entirety of everything that is going on.- Advertisement -He says public works has been working with the RCMP and the fire department since Sunday, making sure the clean-up is done safely and efficiently. He says councilling efforts are in place for anyone who wishes to access them.Proulx says the Tumbler Ridge Building Department is working with the homeowner’s insurance companies to look at the extent of damage, and what needs to be done now. Proulx says the community doesn’t want to dwell on the incident, but rather move forward.Meanwhile, one resident who wishes to remain anonymous, says the incident is a tragedy, and the community is still trying to put the pieces together.Advertisement She says business in Tumbler Ridge has resumed as normal on Monday, though she thinks a couple of nearby houses severely damaged in the blast might have to be demolished.Investigators say a natural gas line may have been tampered with prior to the explosion.However, police say the incident appears isolated, and they do not believe anyone else in the community is in danger.For more details on this story, Click HereAdvertisement
The Christmas tree pickup program is set to commence Jan.8, 2011.Saturday, between 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Visions of Change and the Girl Guides will be in charge of collecting used Christmas trees in Fort St. John.Residents looking to dispose of their tree are asked to leave it on their curb before 9 a.m. and to strip the tree of all decorations.- Advertisement -People can also drop off their trees at the City Snow Removal Dump Site which is located at 79 Ave. and 93 St.The collected and dropped off trees will be chipped and used for summer mulching as well as composting programs.
0Shares0000Gor Mahia forward George Odhiambo races against AFC Leopards defender Robinson Kamura during a past Mashemeji Derby. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, May 17 – With hopes of any kind of trophy all faded out with the Kenyan premier League and Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Shield titles all out of their reach, AFC Leopards will look to beat Gor Mahia on Sunday if not for anything for pride and a reward for their fans.Ingwe has endured a torrid season and stare at another campaign without a trophy, but in the prestigious Mashemeji Derby, they have a chance to redeem themselves and give their fans something to smile about especially against an opponent they have not beaten in three years. Skipper Robinson Kamura believes with the derby a legitimate opportunity presents itself to put a smile on the faces of their fans whohave endured pain the entire campaign.“This will be like a final for us because we are not contending for anything as at now and our aim is to try and finish in the top five because AFC is a big team. Also, this derby victory and finishing the season top there are the only presents we can give to our fans,” Kamura told Capital Sport.“It has been a tough season and the only way we can thank our fans for standing with us is by winning this derby and carrying the bragging rights home,” further stated the captain.AFC Leopards players Brian Marita, Baker Lukooya and Said Tsuma contemplate after their loss to Gor Mahia in the Mashemeji Derby at the Kasarani Stadium on August 25, 2018. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaAFC have not beaten Gor since their 1-0 victory in 2016 and since then they have lost seven of the last eight fixtures.It is this record against their biggest rivals that fuels Ingwe’s blood for the tie and Kamura says they are charged to win especially after most of the key players were rested in their midweek 1-0 loss against KCB.“This is a big game and the same way we are looking forward to it is the same way Gor are looking forward to it. We have a good team now with quality players and I know if we can do our things right, we will get victory on Sunday,” Kamura stated.The first leg match ended in a 2-0 victory for Gor but since then, AFC have improved their squad with the arrival of the sensational Paul Were, a massive big game player, David Ochieng who has solidified their midfield and Soter Kayumba who has been impressive in defense.Most of the players including the free-scoring Whyvonne Isuza were rested for the KCB tie and they will be fresh coming into Sunday’s derby where all focus will be on maximum points.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
A MAN who pleaded guilty to careless driving has had a careless driving charge struck out after attending a driver behaviour course.David Baxter, 23, from Trentagh had fallen asleep at the wheel in Ballybofey last August. His car struck another vehicle in the incident but no-one was seriously hurt.Judge Paul Kelly heard Mr Baxter describe his attendance at the course and how seeing the results of accidents and hearing from a woman who had lost relatives in car crashes had “completely changed” his attitude to driving. Garda Inspector Michael Harrison told the court that he had visited the course on its final day last Saturday and found all six young drivers had “completely embraced” the project.Mr Baxter handed in a certificate to Judge Kelly to show he had completed the four day course.The scheme is a pilot project designed to replace community service orders for drivers who commit less serious driving offences.Mr Baxter said the course had worked for him adding: “It will make me much more careful on the roads.”Judge Kelly told him: “You seem to have engaged in this process and I will strike out the case. The best of luck to you.”CARELESS DRIVING CHARGE QUASHED AFTER MAN ATTENDS BEHAVIOUR COURSE was last modified: October 23rd, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BallybofeyCARELESS DRIVING CHARGE QUASHED AFTER MAN ATTENDS BEHAVIOUR COURSETrentagh
ANGRY rank and file Gardai in Co Donegal fear dozens of them may lose their jobs as part of a nationwide cutback in their numbers.Up to 1,500 Gardai could go – because the national budget isn’t big enough to cover wages.Despite claims from Justice Minister Alan Shatter that there won’t be any cuts, officers on the ground insist his sums don’t add up. There are also fears that any Gardai with more than 30 years experience will be forced to retire, depriving the force of vital experience and leadership.Mr Shatter told RTE’s Pat Kenny: “Firstly, there is no reality or possibility of losing 1,000 gardaí this year or 1,500 gardaí this year. There is no question of gardaí not being properly paid”.Mr Shatter said: “In the context of effecting efficiencies there is a broad range of initiatives being taken. For example, there is an objective to try and ensure that unnecessary costs aren’t incurred in the area of overtime.“There is more efficiencies being put in place with regard to the dealing with court work.”His comments have been widely condemned by associations representing rank and file officers as well as the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors. Advertisement “We are being slowly shafted,” said one Garda last night, “if the public believe we are struggling now, wait to you see what you are left with this time next year.“We will lose gardai through retirement; that happens. But they aren’t being replaced and so many are disillusioned with how we are being treated.“This is a county which has lost two members in recent years, killed in the line of duty and this is how Alan Shatter repays us. It’s a disgrace.” ANGRY GARDAI FEAR DOZENS WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS IN DONEGAL was last modified: January 9th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ANGRY GARDAI FEAR DOZENS WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS IN DONEGAL