9 days agoSuper agent Mendes insists Juventus star Ronaldo will smash Pele record

first_imgAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Super agent Mendes insists Juventus star Ronaldo will smash Pele recordby Carlos Volcano9 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveSuper agent Jorge Mendes insists Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo is yet to peak.Now 34, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner scored the 700th goal of his career and broke a new record. And now, Ronaldo has hopes to match Pele and his 767 official goals, a performance that Mendes says he can achieve.He said, “Cristiano has reached the remarkable mark of 700 goals, but I have no doubt that he will surpass Pelé as the top scorer in football history and will do it with Juventus. “After all, 68 goals for this extraordinary Cristiano Ronaldo is not a lot, is it? I am convinced that the best is yet to come.” last_img read more

Train Launches Charity Chocolates

first_imgOn the heels of the hugely successful Save Me, San Francisco Wine Co, comes Grammy-winning multiplatinum act Train’s “Save Me, San Francisco” Premium Chocolate Bars in partnership with renowned chocolatier and San Francisco icon, Ghirardelli Chocolate Company.Train frontman Patrick Monahan is a chocolate lover and longtime fan of Ghirardelli. After expressing his dream of a specialty chocolate with the acclaimed brand, Ghirardelli reached out to him and the “Save Me, San Francisco Chocolate” was born. 100% of Train’s proceeds from the first production of the chocolate will go to the local Family House charity, which assists families of seriously ill children with housing.“Life is sweet! We honor our San Francisco roots and help a great Bay Area charity (Family House) at the same time,” says Monahan. “Partnering with Ghirardelli on the “Save Me, San Francisco” Chocolate is a dream come true that tastes incredible.”There are three premium chocolate bars available: Dark Cabernet – The creamy mouthfeel of this smooth-melting dark chocolate complements the notes of ripe blackberries, finishing with the delightful essence of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. Sea Salt Almond – This slightly sweeter dark chocolate is blended with coarse crystals of sea salt, delivering savory peaks of saltiness. Slow-roasted almonds add a familiar nutty texture, completing the symphony of salty and sweet flavors. 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate – This slow-melting, pure dark chocolate is highly aromatic, with mocha, blackberry and dark cherry notes throughout. With 72% cacao, the intense chocolate flavor is highlighted by the silky smooth texture and creamy mouthfeel.The “Save Me, San Francisco” Premium Chocolate Bars are available for purchase at savemesanfrancisco.com and all Ghirardelli Chocolate & Ice Cream Shop retail locations nationwide, including the original Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop located in San Francisco’s historic Ghirardelli Square. Bars will also be available for purchase online at ghirardelli.com.Source:PR Newswirelast_img read more

CRYING MONTREAL KIDS SHOWN HORROR FILM INSTEAD OF DETECTIVE PIKACHU

first_img LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!Of all the movies not to show a bunch of kids excited for Detective Pikachu — the child-friendly tale of a cute yellow creature — a jump-scare-laden horror flick about a ghost who is trying to snatch youngsters probably tops the list.That, however, is what happened at a Montreal theatre last week.The screening, witnessed and tweeted by Screen Rant‘s Ryan George, began with trailers for The Joker and Child’s Play — and also tears.NOW IT’S CHUCKY OH NO CHILDREN OH NO pic.twitter.com/P2DkGmglDJ— Ryan George (@theryangeorge) May 9, 2019 This image released by Warner Bros. Pictures shows Roman Christou, left, and Jaynee-Lynne Kinchen in a scene from “The Curse of La Llorona.” (Warner Bros. Pictures via AP) ORG XMIT: CAET486 Advertisement If you’re thinking that horror film trailers shouldn’t come before Detective Pikachu, you’re right.But the trailers, in their twisted way, were a suitable coming attraction insofar as the movie that followed had nothing to do with Pokemon; it was The Curse of La Llorona, the latest entry in The Conjuring’s horror franchise.OH MY GOD THEY’RE PLAYING LA LLORANA INSTEAD OF DETECTIVE PIKACHU pic.twitter.com/j4qX6fAf95— Ryan George (@theryangeorge) May 9, 2019“La Llorona is arguably the most frightening appearance of the supernatural in all The Conjuring instalments, besides Valak, the demon nun,” IMDB’s guide for parents says of the film, which is rated 13+ in Quebec. “La Llorona offers a large amount of effective jump scares, her kills are quite emotional and disturbing.”Eventually the Detective Pikachu audience was relocated to a theatre actually playing Detective Pikachu.We’ve all been moved to another theatre where Detective Pikachu is just paused? At least there aren’t any more murders on-screen pic.twitter.com/tEid3ThPY4— Ryan George (@theryangeorge) May 9, 2019Honestly, this whole affair could serve as the premise of a future Conjuring movie — just don’t take a bunch of Pokemon-loving kids to see it.MONTREAL GAZETTEcenter_img Advertisement Login/Register With: Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

iPhone 8 appetite anemic says Rogers CEO as company prepares to sell

first_imgTORONTO – The head of Canada’s largest wireless carrier said Thursday the appetite for the Apple iPhone 8 smartphone is “anemic” as the company gets set to take orders of the iPhone X next week.Rogers Communications Inc. CEO Joe Natale said on a conference call that the company will begin taking orders of the “very expensive” iPhone X on Oct. 27 and will begin sales the following week, on Nov.3. The iPhone X will be Apple’s most expensive smartphone to date, which will retail in Canada for almost $1,300.However, he added, device availability is “a question mark” and the full impact of the new devices might not be felt until the first quarter of 2018, adding to concerns about soft sales for Apple devices.Analysts attribute iPhone 8 sluggishness to the pending release of the iPhone X.The current iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus had a two per cent share of the U.S. iOS device market nearly a month after their launch, significantly lagging the five per cent share grabbed by the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus at a similar point last year, according to Localytics, a mobile engagement platform that analyzes iPhone adoption rates.The iPhone 8 went on sale on Sept. 22 in Canada.During the call, Natale said it was the wireless services — rather than sales of devices like smartphones — that was the main area of growth for Rogers Wireless.Natale added that he’s not concerned about a new pricing initiative being promoted by Shaw’s Freedom Mobile.Freedom announced this week that it’s now offering 10 gigabytes of data for $50 “with no penalties for data overages.”While the rival service’s announcement says its new Big Gig plan is “unlike anything currently being offered to Canadians,” Rogers CEO Joe Natale said he viewed it as “business as usual.”“First of all, we have always competed with Freedom on price. This appears to be an extension of this strategy, with a lot of marketing bravado behind it,” Natale told analysts in a conference call Thursday.“It wasn’t long ago that they had an 80-gig package for about sixty bucks, and it was kind of benign in terms of its impact. So I would look at it as a business-as-usual situation.”“The goal would be to leverage our ability to get customers in the right data plan,” Natale said.“The key is: customers’ appetites for data are growing 40, 50 per cent per year. We’d rather have them in the place where they’re in the right data plan or they can occasionally have a top-up if they see fit.In the third quarter ended Sept. 30, Roger’s profit grew to $467 million, driven mostly by the strength of its wireless business and incremental progress at its cable and internet division.Rogers Media was the only major division to report a decline in revenue, which was down three per cent from the third quarter of 2016, when Rogers benefited from the World Cup of Hockey.Rogers also announced the media division’s adjusted operating profit fell 18 per cent, primarily due to a higher Toronto Blue Jays player payroll and lower publishing-related revenue.During the call, one analyst asked whether Rogers was considering a sale of any non-core assets.Natale replied that Rogers is committed to look at “ways of surfacing value from our portfolio assets, whether it be the Jays or some of our other investments.”“We don’t have any plans at this moment that we are announcing or even giving a nod to. Our focus, very much, is on our core business.”Rogers reported its net income for the three months ended Sept. 30 amounted to 91 cents per diluted share, up from $220 million or 43 cents per share last year.On an adjusted basis, Rogers earned $523 million or $1.02 per share for the quarter, up from $427 million or 83 cents per share a year ago.Revenue totalled $3.58 billion, up from $3.49 billion in the same quarter last year.Rogers also raised its guidance for the growth of its adjusted operating profit for 2017 to between five and six per cent compared with its original expectations for growth of two to four per cent.last_img read more

Will meet Xi Putin in June says Trump

first_imgWashington: US President Donald Trump has said he expects to have a “very fruitful” meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping next month in Japan, amid escalating trade conflict between the world’s two largest economies. Speaking to reporters at the White House on Monday, Trump also said he expects to meet his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. “We are going to be meeting, as you know, at the G20 in Japan. And that will be, I think, probably a very fruitful meeting,” Trump said on the possibility of his meeting with Xi. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportThe President’s remarks came as trade war between the US and China escalated after Trump last Friday increased the import duty on Chinese products worth USD 200 billion from 10 per cent to 25 per cent. He has also started the process of a similar increase on the remaining Chinese imports of over USD 300 billion. “We are taking in, right now, hundreds of billions of dollars. We are taking in billions of dollars of tariffs…. We have never taken in 10 cents until I got elected. Now we are taking in billions and billions…. In addition to that we have another USD 325 billion that we can do, if we decided to do it,” Trump said. “So we are taking it in tens of billions of dollars. We have never done that before with China. We have never done that before with anybody, frankly, because we have been taken advantage of all of our trade deals,” he said. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsThe G-20 Summit would also be the first opportunity for a meeting between the Indian prime minister and Trump after the election results are declared in India on May 23. However, Trump, during his interaction with the media at his Oval Office, made no mention of any meeting other than that with Xi and Putin on the sidelines of the G-20 Summit. Like the Trump-Xi summit in Argentina last November, all eyes will again be on the two leaders in Japan because of the ongoing trade tension. Ahead of the meeting between Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and President Putin on Tuesday, Trump said on Monday that it made sense for the US to get along with Russia. “I’ll be meeting with President Putin also. I think the message is that there has never been anybody that’s been so tough on Russia but, at the same time, we’re going to end up getting along with Russia. It makes sense to get along with Russia,” he told reporters at his Oval Office.last_img read more

Casablanca to Host 10th Edition of the International Meeting of Andalousi

first_imgCasablanca- According to news outlet Finance News, Casablanca’s Megarama Cultural Center will host from 4th to 5th December the 10th edition of the International Gathering of Andaloussi Music. A concert will be reorganized the following day, December 6th, at Mohammed V Theater in Rabat, followed by another concert on December 7 at Mazagan Beach Resort in El Jadida. The Moroccan Ministry of Culture organizes these events in partnership with the Association of Fans of Moroccan Andaloussi Music. Colorful rhythms of Andaloussi music from different countries, namely Morocco, Spain, Algeria and Tunisia, will provide the audience with an exceptional, uplifting experience typical of Andaloussi music.The Ministry of Culture together with the Association of Fans of Moroccan Anndaloussi Music organize these events as part of its efforts to preserve and promote Andaloussi music,  a significant aspect of Morocco’s rich cultural patrimony. Andaloussi Music is deemed a noble music, and has especially a strong presence in the Moroccan elite formed largely by citizens with Arab-Andalusian origins, based in cities such as Fez, Tetouan, Rabat, Salé, Marrakesh, Chefchaouen, Tangier and Oujda.© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributedlast_img read more

Isco If you sack Lopetegui then you are sacking all of

first_imgReal Madrid midfielder Isco rose to the defence of under-fire manager Julen Lopetegui by claiming that the responsibility of the team’s displays lies with the playersThe pressure is at an all-time high for Lopetegui in his four-month reign in charge of Real following Saturday’s shock 2-1 home defeat to the lowly Levante.The former Spain boss is being widely tipped to be dismissed from his post before Sunday’s El Clasico game with Barcelona.But Lopetegui stated his intention to fight on earlier today and Isco revealed that both himself and the entire squad are behind their manager.“I do not believe that the press has the power to sack a Madrid coach,” said Isco ahead of Real’s Champions League game with Viktoria Plzen, on Sport.Jose Mourinho, Lionel MessiMourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“The controversy that you want to create in the dressing room is not there. We trust in the staff that we have and in what we have done.“The boss has all our confidence. It would be crazy [to sack him]. You have to let him work.“If you sack the coach you have to sack us all because we are the ones on the field – this is something for everyone, not just the coach.“Historically, people who criticise us come back later with their tail between their legs once we win Champions League.”last_img read more